If cooked rice is left at room temperature for too long, spores of bacteria called Bacillus cereus can develop, leading to the production of toxins.
Mushrooms contain proteins that are easily destroyed during storage or reheating. Improperly stored or reheated mushrooms may develop toxins, leading to digestive issues.
Reheating cooked chicken inadequately can result in the growth of bacteria such as Salmonella or Campylobacter, leading to foodborne illnesses.
Reheating eggs or dishes containing eggs improperly can lead to the growth of bacteria like Salmonella, causing food poisoning.
Spinach contains nitrates that can turn into toxic nitrites when reheated. Nitrites are harmful when consumed in large amounts, especially for infants.
When cooked potatoes are left at room temperature for too long or improperly reheated, they can develop bacteria that produce toxins, potentially causing food poisoning.
Reheating celery or dishes containing celery can release nitrates, turning them into nitrites, which can be harmful in large quantities.
Similar to celery and spinach, reheating beets may convert nitrates into nitrites, which can be harmful, especially to young children.